Dunfermline 0 Livingston 1

Last updated : 20 November 2005 By Dov

Paul Dalglish produced a stunning second-half strike to give Livingston their first league win of the season.

The striker picked up a loose ball inside the Dunfermline half before beating Allan McGregor with a stunning 30-yard shot which rattled the back of the net via the top corner.

It gave Livi their first win at East End Park for over four years and left the Pars propping up the table.Yannick Zambernardi underlined Dunfermline's positive start when he lofted the ball over Ludovic Roy from 35 yards and was unfortunate to see his effort come back off the top of the crossbar.

Livingston were similarly unlucky at the other after a terrible mix-up between Scott Wilson and Greg Shields on the halfway line, Jason Dair sought to take advantage with a superb 25-yard chip which beat McGregor but struck the face of the crossbar, a great strike by Dair, and he was unfortunate not to find the back of the net.

It was an open game but Dunfermline had their chances to lead at the interval. Roy made a magnificent save to tip an Ian Campbell shot over his crossbar, it’s was one of the best saves I’ve seen, and proves that Lambert was right to give him the number one spot over McKenzie.

Greg Ross had another opportunity when he was put through by Noel Hunt but Roy made another great saved with his right boot. It was getting a bit hairy at this point, and this was yet another near miss.

Half time – Dunfermline 0 Livingston 0

But it was Livi who made the breakthrough after 61 minutes. Dalglish, who had threatened a couple of times earlier in the half, picked up the ball in midfield before unleashing an unstoppable shot past McGregor. It was a fabulous strike, and one that should make Pearse Flynn and Co think long and hard about offering the striker a new contract.

Dunfermline showed their desperation when Mark Burchill, but the striker failed to impress.

Hunt was through on goal with only 10 minutes remaining but Lions defender Greg Strong miss-timed his tackle, and the referee had no option but to book Strong.

Dunfermline threw everything forward to try and salvage the game but failed to force Roy to save another direct shot.

The Pars fans let their feelings known at the final whistle as they booed their team off the pitch, whilst the travelling Livingston support, who outnumbered the Dunfermline support went ecstatic.

A Massive thanks to www.dafc.net for the photos - visit www.dafc.net for all the up to date Dunfrmline news and views.

For full supporter reaction, visit www.livilions.co.uk